Insights into the boutique hotels industry
The Boutique Vibe run a series of interviews with hotel owners and other hospitality experts to better understand the challenges of small independent hotels. The report analyses the boutique hotels industry with a focus on the Mediterranean countries. The analysis focuses primarily on four categories:
- The Overall Hospitality dynamics across the Med Sea region
- The seasonality profile & the challenges around operations
- The distribution landscape
- The Hospitality Tech ecosystem
Here are some interesting insights:
- Average room rate was over 185 USD per night.
- Almost 3/4 of our respondents get the majority of their bookings through third party sources (primarily the Online travel agencies)
- 78% consider major Online travel agencies commissions too high but 59% are satisfied or very satisfied of their services
- When it comes to eCommerce, over 50% are redirecting bookings to an external booking engine.