Travelling after COVID19
COVID-19 pandemic has shaped our travel behaviours and plans. As the restrictions are eased in certain regions, our expectations in terms of travel are so different from previous years and depend on the destinations. Let’s have a look into the expectations of those considering to visit France in COVID times.
- In contrast with other Mediterranean countries merely half (52%) of the travelers planning to visit France for their next trip are French nationals, while the remaining guests will be coming from a wide range of countries primarily in Europe, Middle East, and the Americas
- The majority will travel to France to see friends and family (60%) or go on vacation (25%) while there’s a small portion of them (10%) going there for business
- 54% of the travelers want to visit France one to three months after the restrictions are lifted. This is significantly higher than the average amongst all other destinations (40%), while another 30% want to visit France as soon as possible and are not willing to wait more than 4 weeks
- 62% of travelers visiting France prefer a beachfront location, another 57% would go for a countryside location and 51% marked mountain/national park destinations amongst their favorite – further reinforcing France’s great diversity and wealth of options which put the country in a competitive position to attract guests across different seasons. Finally, 78% of travelers would avoid big-city destinations.
- On par with the overall results of our survey, travelers visiting France value “location” more than anything, followed by “nearby activities and attractions” while “hygiene and safety measures” come third.
- When it comes to the selection of the accommodation, in contrast with the rest of our survey results and the global average, staying with family and friends is the first option (67% compared to 45% on average) for travelers aiming to visit France, followed by small boutique hotels (46%) and large branded hotel chains (43%).
- Travelers will book their stay in France using trusted online platforms (46%), the hotel’s website (27%) or they will contact the hotel directly via phone or email (22%)
- Finally, travelers want to see French operators enforcing a flexible cancellation & change policy (73%), clear social distancing measures (59%), and access to complimentary personal protective equipment like gloves and masks (54%).
To read the full report Click here.
About this survey
The Boutique Vibe asked their followers about their hotel’s preference. More than 400 travellers from 52 countries, replied about their travel perspectives and accommodation preferences in a “post-COVID” world.