Travelling after COVID-19 – Destination: Greece
400 travelers from 52 countries shared with The Boutique Vibe their travel plans, concerns, do & don’ts in a “post-COVID” world. Let’s have a specific look into travelers planning to visit Greece for the next trip.
- The vast majority (2/3) of the travelers planning to visit Greece for their next trip are Greek nationals, either for vacations (25%) or to visit friends and family (71%)
- 37% of the travelers want to visit Greece one to three months after the restrictions are lifted, on par with the average amongst all other destinations (40%), while another 30% are not willing to travel before 3 months (average is 14%)
- Unsurprisingly 92% of travelers visiting Greece prefer a beachfront location, compared to 69% on average
- Travelers visiting Greece will select their accommodation based on its location first. They would then look at the hygiene and safety measures applied before considering the price and available packages (On par with the overall results of our survey)
- When it comes to the preferred accommodation type, in contrast with the rest of our survey results, small and boutique hotels take the first place (67% compared to 48% on average), followed by branded hotels/chains (60%) while guesthouses score much lower (8%) compared to the average (18%).
- The booking will preferably go through trusted online platforms (42%), the hotel’s website (25%) or they will contact the hotel directly via phone or email (25%)
- In this pandemic times, 75% of the Travelers want to see Greek hoteliers enforcing a flexible cancellation and change policy. 66% consider expecting to see official sanitization certificates and 65% clear social distancing measures during their stay.
To read the full report Click here.
About this survey
The Boutique Vibe asked their followers about their hotel’s preference. More than 400 travellers from 52 countries, replied about their travel perspectives and accommodation preferences in a “post-COVID” world.