Travelling after COVID-19 – Destination: Tunisia
400 travelers from 52 countries shared with The Boutique Vibe their travel plans, concerns, do & don’ts in a “post-COVID” world. Let’s have a specific look into travelers considering to visit Tunisia for the next trip.
- The majority of the travelers planning to visit Tunisia for their next trip are Tunisian nationals that reside outside the country, who want to go back “home” either for vacations (13%) or to visit friends and family (81%)
- 25% would travel to Tunisia immediately and 56% of the two to four weeks after the restrictions are lifted, which is way above the average amongst all other considered destinations (33%). This indicates a strong will to travel and also solid trust in the country’s response to the epidemic.
- Location preferences are aligned with traditional summer season trends: 88% of travelers visiting Tunisia prefer a beachfront location, compared to 69% on average – while countryside options take the second spot (50%). On the other hand, ¾ of the travelers will avoid big cities (on par with the global average).
- Travelers visiting Tunisia would choose their accommodation for its location more than anything. They would consider hygiene and safety measures next to the nearby activities and attractions.
- Small and boutique hotels are the preferred accommodation type in Tunisia (56% compared to 48% across destinations), confirming the growing success of Guesthouses and “charming” hotels. Nevertheless, 52% of travelers would consider Tunisian Branded hotels/chains and 50% would stay with family and friends as well.
- For their bookings, guests will be using trusted online platforms (56%) or they will contact the hotel directly via phone or email (38%). A hotel website is a third option with just 6% preference, way below the global average 23% indicating an opportunity for improvement for hoteliers in Tunisia.
- With regards to the minimum COVID-19 related measures, travelers want to see Tunisian hoteliers enforcing a flexible cancelation/change policy (88%), clear social distancing measures (69%) and show sanitization certificates (63%)
About this survey
The Boutique Vibe asked their followers about their hotel’s preference. More than 400 travellers from 52 countries, replied about their travel perspectives and accommodation preferences in a “post-COVID” world.