Boutique hotel sentiment - January 2020
We are happy to present the first Boutique Hotel Barometer exclusively measuring the business sentiment of small & independent hotels across the Mediterranean sea.
We surveyed a great number of hotels across Mediterranean countries, from Greece to Morocco, covering Italy, France, Tunisia, Croatia, Malta, Cyprus, Lebanon and more. We identified the following trends:
- There’s overall a positive outlook for 2020 across the Med Sea, despite some concerns in Greece
- 2020 started with a strong booking trend, with more than half of the hotels reporting an improved performance
- There are increased concerns about COVID-19 and the wider softening of the global economy
- Sustainability is consistently a top priority – communication around that might be an issue though.
- Boutique hotels are confident about the use of technology, with 40% of them asking for more support when it comes to options and selection
- Finally, an impressive 95% of the hoteliers are planning to further invest to enhance their properties in 2020